“To appear in JEE-ADVANCED, one has to appear in JEE-MAIN first and should grab a rank in top 1.5 lakhs ranks’ category wise.”
2. ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR IIT’s & ISM Dhanbad: – Only the top 1, 50,000 candidates (including all categories) based on performance in JEE MAIN will qualify to appear in the JEE ADVANCED examination. Admissions to IITs will be based only on category-wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE ADVANCED, subject to condition that such candidates are in the top 20 percentile (category wise) in their respective Boards/Qualifying Examinations.
3. ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR NIT’s & IIIT’S :- Admission to NITs will be based on 40 % weightage for total marks obtained in Class XII board/ equivalent exam (normalized) and 60 % weightage to performance in JEE Main. A combined All India Rank (AIR) would be decided accordingly. The policy could also be adopted by other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) and participating Institutions.
4. ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR STATE ENGG.EXAMINATIONS:- In case any State opts to admit students in the engineering colleges affiliated to state Universities and requires separate merit list to be provided based on relative weightages adopted by the states, the merit list shall be prepared with such relative weightages as may be indicated by States.
5. MEDIUM OF EXAMINATION: – Hindi and English.
The JEE-MAIN examination will also be conducted in the Regional Languages of the State(s) on the requests of such State(s) who are participating in JEE (Main) for their State Engineering Colleges/ Universities. However JEE-ADVANCED will be conducted in English/Hindi medium only.
6. MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION FOR JEE (Main):- A candidate must have passed in the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination. Those appearing in 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in 2013 may also appear in JEE (MAIN) 2013 provisionally.
7. IMPROVEMENT PROCEDURE FOR JEE(Main) & JEE(Advanced):- If you want to improve your performance in Board’s Exam, you can do so but for consideration of that year’s result you have to appear in all the subjects (as per the scheme of studies of your Board, 5 subjects in case of CBSE ) and not partially. You cannot improve in one/two subjects and add them to previous years’ performance.
8. HOW MANY ATTEMPTS I CAN TAKE IN JEE (Main):- The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three) uniformly for all the candidates in consecutive years. The candidates passed +2 exam in 2011 or 2012 or appearing in +2 in 2013 are only eligible to appear in JEE(Main)-2013. Candidates passed +2 in 2010 or before or appearing in 2014 are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2013.
9. DATES OF EXAM:-
Offline Exam – 7th April 2013
Online Exam – Between 8th April to 30 th April
Offline Exam – 2nd Jun 2013
10. WHEN WILL BE THE FORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR JEE (Main):- There will not be any physical sale of forms. The forms will be filled up ‘Online’ only. The forms will be available on JEE-Main website www.jeemain-edu.in. The form will be available from 8th Nov 2012 only. To help candidates fill up the application forms online, the CBSE will release list of facilitation centers at the time of release of the form. The candidates can avail services of these centers free of cost.